Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cup organic coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups water or brewed coffee
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 6 oz Dark/bittersweet (vegan) chocolate
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tsp maple syrup or organic coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
To make the cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Combine all the dry cake ingredients in one bowl, and mix well.
3. Combine all the wet cake ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
4. Then add the two mixtures together and stir with a spoon till just combined.
5. Pour half of the mixture into 2 greased 8-inch round cake pans.
6. Put the pans in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Check to see if it's cooked by sticking a knife into the cake and having the knife come out clean.
8. Let the cakes cool completely. Then take one of the cakes and spread a layer of your raspberry preserves on it. Then place the other cake on top.
To make the ganache:
1. Warm up the chocolate and the almond milk either on stove top or in the microwave, and whisk in the sugar, till you reach a nice thick and fluffy consistency.
2. Allow mixture to cool down a bit. Then pour the ganache over the top layer of the cake, and smooth it out.
3. Decorate the top of the cake with fresh raspberries or your choice of seasonal fresh fruits.
And voila! You just made the yummiest cake you'll ever taste :) Enjoy this piece of heaven!