- Tortilla chips
- Black beans - cooked; seasoned with cumin powder, garam masala and/or any other seasoning of your choice
- Red kidney beans - cooked; seasoned with cumin powder, garam masala and/or any other seasoning of your choice
- Onion - finely chopped
- Cilantro - finely chopped
- Paprika/red chili powder - to taste (optional)
- Vegan Cheese (shredded) - I use these brands - 'Follow your Heart' (fiesta blend or cheddar) or 'Daiya' (cheddar or pepper jack style shreds)
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.
- Spread tortilla chips on the cookie sheet.
- Spread the beans, onion and cilantro on the tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle paprika.
- Sprinkle shredded vegan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Note: this is a very versatile recipe. The proportions of all the above ingredients can be adjusted according to your choice. You can substitute or add any ingredient. Other topping options are sliced olives, scallions (green onions), tomatoes, pickled jalapeno slices.