Mixed Vegetable Soup
- Onion - 1/2 medium - chopped
- Garlic - 3 medium cloves
- Green Cabbage - 2 cups - coarsely chopped
- Zucchini - 2 medium - chopped in cubes
- Summer Squash - 2 medium - chopped in cubes
- Yellow Moong Dal - 1/4th cup - washed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add all the above ingredients except the salt & pepper in a pressure cooker. Add 4 cups of water and cook the vegetables (about 3-4 whistles). If you do not want to use the pressure cooker, simmer the vegetables immersed in enough water in a covered sauce pot until the veggies are cooked soft.
- Let the cooked vegetables cool down a bit.
- Puree the cooked veggies in a blender or with a hand held blender.
- Pour the blended mixture/puree into a sauce pot and add enough water to adjust the consistency of the soup.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.