A hearty option for adding to lunch wraps, salads, tacos, burritos or as a side dish.
- Portobello Mushrooms - 3 large - cleaned with a wet paper towel and sliced into thick 3/4th inch slices
- Olive oil - 1 teaspoon
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Creole seasoning - 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add the mushroom slices and stir on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. The mushrooms shrink a bit as they cook.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and creole seasoning. Stir well for 2-3 minutes.
- The liquid (balsamic vinegar and the water released from the mushrooms) will evaporate and a nice dark coating is formed on the slices. Turn off heat.
- Serve in lunch wraps, salads, tacos, burritos or as a side dish.
Note: do not add additional salt because creole seasoning contains salt. Other grill seasonings can be used if creole seasoning is unavailable.