A pleasant medley of fresh asparagus, leafy greens, rice and quinoa. This dish can be a great option for a quick one dish meal!
Serves - 8
- 1 cup - Basmati Rice
- 1 cup - Quinoa
- 3 cups - Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 bunch - Asparagus - chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups - Leafy greens (I used power greens - mix of spinach and kale) - roughly chopped
- 1 inch - Ginger - grated
- 2 tablespoons - Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon - cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- Wash the rice and quinoa together in a sieve. Drain out all the water.
- Place the washed rice & quinoa in a 3 quart stock pot. Add 3 cups of water or vegetable stock.
- Bring it to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the stock pot and cook the rice & quinoa mixture for 20 minutes.
- After the rice & quinoa is cooked, lightly fluff it with a fork to separate the grains.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, let them sizzle & turn medium brown in color.
- Add the chopped asparagus & leafy greens. Saute for 5 minutes until the veggies are softened but not overcooked.
- Add the grated ginger. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked rice & quinoa mixture. Stir gently and mix well. Continue stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve hot.
Serves - 8