A very light yet satisfying soup. Great comfort food on those chilly evenings.
- Asparagus - 1 bunch - washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Yellow Moong Dal - 1/2 cup - washed
- Garlic - 3 cloves - roughly chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece - roughly chopped
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Add all the above ingredients except the salt & pepper in a pressure cooker. Add 4 cups of water and cook till the asparagus, moong dal, ginger and garlic are cooked (about 3-4 whistles). If you do not want to use the pressure cooker, simmer the vegetables and moong dal immersed in enough water in a covered sauce pot until everything is soft and well cooked (about 20 - 25 minutes).
- Let the cooked mixture cool down a bit.
- Puree the cooked mixture in a blender or with a hand held blender.
- Pour the blended mixture/puree into a sauce pot and add enough water to adjust the consistency of the soup.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.