- 2 medium - Carrots
- 1 inch piece - Ginger root
- 1/4th cup - Orange Lentils/Masoor dal
- 1/4 tspn - Black Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- Peel & chop the carrots into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel & chop the ginger root into small pieces.
- Wash & drain the orange lentils.
- Cook the carrots, ginger & lentils together in the pressure cooker with 1 cup water. If you do not want to use the pressure cooker, boil & simmer the carrots, ginger & lentils in enough water until everything is soft and the lentils are well cooked.
- Let the cooked mixture cool down a bit. Blend it together into a puree with enough water to get the right soup consistency.
- Pour the blended soup into a stock pot. Add salt & pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Serve hot!