When you need a comforting end to a long hectic day, this clear vegetable soup is a perfect addition to a light dinner.
- 3 cups - Mixed Vegetables (carrots, green beans, peas, corn, green cabbage) - finely chopped
- 1 inch - Ginger - finely minced
- 3 medium size cloves - Garlic - finely minced
- 1 small - Green chili (optional) - finely minced
- 2 cups - Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon - Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon - White pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 cups - Water
- 1/4 cup - Cilantro - finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a heavy base stock pot.
- Add the finely minced ginger, garlic and green chili. Saute for 2 minutes on low-medium heat. Make sure the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone.
- Add the finely chopped mixed vegetables. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the organic vegetable broth, water, white pepper powder, black pepper powder and salt. Stir well.
- Cover the stock pot and let the soup simmer on low-medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the chopped cilantro and stir well. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot clear soup with noodles or salad.