- 2-3 big handfuls - Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, baby kale, mixed greens.
- 10 - 12 stalks - Cilantro (leaves and stalks)
- 2 sticks - Celery
- 1 small - Cucumber
- 1/2 inch piece - Ginger root
- Juice of 1 Lime or 1 small Orange (something citrus)
- 1 small - Apple (optional)
- 1 cup - Water
1. Add all the above ingredients (except lime juice) to a high power blender (I use my Vitamix blender).
2. Blend all the ingredients well. If the juice is too thick, add little more water.
3. You may strain the juice through a strainer if the fibrous stalks are not pulverized well. This step is optional.
4. Add the juice of 1 lime and mix well
5. Serve and enjoy right away!
(Serves - 4)
Note: Adding apple (for sweetness) is optional. It is best if green juices are made without any sweet fruits. Adding citrus fruits such as lime, lemon or orange helps with the absorption of iron and calcium. Coconut water can also be used in place of plain water. Adding a small piece of fresh coconut also gives a very nice taste to the green juice.