- Green Cabbage - 2 cups - coarsely chopped
- Opo Squash (Dudhi) - 3 cups - peeled and chopped into 1x1 inch cubes
- Potato - 1 small - chopped into medium cubes
- Onion - 1/2 small - chopped into medium cubes
- Garlic - 2 large cloves - chopped
- Mixed vegetables - (peas, carrots, green beans, cauliflower) - steamed and cut into small bite size pieces. Keep aside. These will be added into the soup towards the end of the recipe.
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Add the cabbage, opo squash, potato, onion and garlic in a pressure cooker. Add 4 cups of water and cook the vegetables (about 2-3 whistles). If you do not want to use the pressure cooker, simmer the vegetables immersed in enough water in a covered sauce pot until the veggies are cooked soft.
- Let the cooked vegetables cool down a bit.
- Puree the cooked veggies in a blender or with a hand held blender.
- Pour the blended mixture/puree into a sauce pot and add enough water to adjust the consistency of the soup.
- Add the steamed mixed vegetable pieces into the soup.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.