A warm sweet potato side dish or dessert made with delicate spices to satisfy the sweet tooth!
- Organic Sweet Potatoes - 2 medium - washed, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces of 1/4th inch thickness
- Cinnamon powder - 3/4th teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Agave Nectar or Organic Maple Syrup - 1 teaspoon
- Place the sweet potato slices in a stainless steel container that will fit inside a pressure cooker. Do not add water to the sweet potatoes. Cook the sweet potatoes well (about 2 - 3 whistles). If you do not want to use the pressure cooker, you can cook/steam the sweet potatoes in the microwave for about 5 minutes or until cooked soft.
- Mash the cooked sweet potatoes well with a fork.
- Add the cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and agave nectar/maple syrup.
- Mix well.
- Serve warm.